Problems upgrading from 1.0.5.1 to 24.4.0

Converting our code to work with the new DLLs. All the file formats are viewable except:

DWG which throws this error:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The type initializer for ‘CAD.Image’ threw an exception.

TIF throws this error:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Invalid Image configuration supplied

Note that the TIF images do not work with your sample code, but the DWG does. Basically we are using the same code that’s in your Viewer.aspx.cs example code. I even captured the config BaseConfig between your project and ours and the values match so I’m assuming it’s not the config that’s the problem.

Any guidance you have would be appreciated!

@RJT,

Could you please provide an example of the code where you are initializing the CadConfig? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could send us a sample DWG file that is causing the error.

Regarding the TIFF files, we are pleased to inform you that the upcoming version of Doconut will include a new viewer for TIFF files, which should resolve the issues you have been experiencing.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving these issues for you.

The sample project found at Doconut-v2440-20240415\Samples\NET Framework 4.7\WebForms\Full is able to display the file. But the the 4.7 Framework viewer on your demo web site crashes just like my code does. I can’t figure out what the differences are. I’ve attached a sample dwg file and the code. Although converted to VB, the DWG section for the config looks like it’s the same as the sample code.

MP00340_E_W100-CT-H Assembly Drawing.zip (127.0 KB)

DocView.zip (3.4 KB)

@RJT,

Our development team has tested the DWG file and resolved the errors successfully. Also, these new DLLs will fix the issues in the sample package.

The fixes will be included in the upcoming release of Doconut, which is set to be available this week. I let you know in this post when the new release is available.

@RJT,

I’m excited to announce that Doconut 24.5.0 has been released. This version includes fixes for the issues with DWG file you provided. Please update to Doconut 24.5.0 to resolve these problems.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

We have upgraded to 24.5.2 and looks like everything is working. My end users will let me know when we upgrade the server tonight. :wink:

1 Like