PDF form's checkboxes don't show the checkmarks!

Hi

I’ve noticed that both the latest version of Document Viewer (1.0.5.0) as well as the older version too - don’t show checkmarks in a pdf form where checkmark exists.

I am not allowed to attach the file itself here but I’d imagine if it does not work for that one file it won’t work for others too.

As an additional info, I’ve verified that the font used for the checkmark in that file is “Arial”.

Does somebody know what might be the problem and how to resolve it.

Thank you!

@draganv,

Could you attach a PDF with similar characteristics but without private data? This way I can try to replicate the error to help you better.

If you cannot attach it directly, you can compress it in ZIP format.

Hi Gabriel. Here is an example of the problem. In preview the chekmark cannot be seen but if you open the pdf in Acrobat Reader, the checkmark is there. I confirm that this isn’t a general case. I managed to preview another test pff file which actually showed the checkmarks well. Please check what is the problem in this provided file. Thanks!

Checkbox Test RD.pdf (734.5 KB)

@draganv,

Thanks for sending the sample file. Our development team is currently investigating this issue, and we will provide you with a response as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience!

Hi Gabriel. Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks!

@draganv,

Our development team has added this issue to their queue.

I don’t have a release date yet, but it’s coming soon. I will let you know in this post when the version with the fix is released.

Hi Gabriel.

I am following up on my previous inquiry.

Was that issue resolved and is there a new version of Doconut/DocumentViewer that has that checkmark issue fixed?

Thank you

@draganv

The development team has been working hard, and in the next Doconut version, the solution for this issue will be included.

I don’t have a release date yet but I will let you know when the new version is released in this post. We appreciate your patience as we address this matter.

@draganv,

We are happy to inform you that we have released a new version of Doconut where the checkbox issue in PDF files has been resolved.

You can now download the latest version from our website and update your installation. Please note that there have been changes in Doconut, along with how you implement the viewer in your code, so we invite you to review the documentation on our website to see the changes.

https://doconut.com/documentation/

Thank you for your patience in resolving this issue. If you have more questions or encounter any problems, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Hi Gabriel.

Thank you! I deployed it, tested it and it looks great!

Delivered as promised. Thank you all!

2 Likes