No Preview Available

When trying to view DWG or JPG files, we are not getting “No Preview Available”. So far, this happens on all DWG files and just some of the JPG files.

I am attaching two files. Slide4.jpg works, but TV-4.jpg does not.

Slide4.JPG (240.5 KB)

TV-4.jpg (135.2 KB)

Also, is there any type of debug mode I can run to so I can find, or assist you with these errors? I’m sort of running blind trying to fine issues.

PS, I could have sworn I posted this question last week…I probably forgot to hit the submit button!

version 24.5.3, webforms, 4.8 framework

@RJT,

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to let you know that in the next Doconut version 24.6.0, the issues you are experiencing with viewing DWG and JPG files will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on these fixes.

Regarding your question about a debug mode, we do not currently have a specific debug mode available for this purpose. However, your detailed reports, exception messages, IIS configurations, and file attachments are extremely helpful in diagnosing and addressing these problems.

thank you. Any chance that you have a pre-release available or a date of releasing this? I’m sort of desperate to get these updates to our production machine.

@RJT,

Sadly, the development team does not have a pre-release option. Doconut version 24.6.0 will be released the next week.

I found the 24.6.0.0 on NuGet. I know I’m being impatient by installing it prior to receiving my update email, however I thought I would try it out.

Do you have information for the parameters for the config? Obviously something has changed since many of the parameters are no longer valid.

We still can’t open all the images and receive the “No Preview available” error. And now the DXF and DWG files show the message.

Trying to open up Word and PDF files no longer work and we receive this error: " *The type initializer for ‘Pdf.XmpField’ threw an exception."

Thanks.

@RJT,

Thank you for your message. We appreciate your patience. By the end of the day, you will receive an email with the official release, updated examples, and the necessary documentation to resolve the errors you are encountering.

@RJT,

Doconut version 24.6.0 has been released. Next, you can refer to our online documentation here.

[Setup Doconut in .NET Framework - Doconut.com]

To be able to install this new version in your project please add the configuration entries to manage assembly binding redirects to specify the correct versions of various assemblies to your web.config file.

In addition, be sure to add the following NuGet packages as per the documentation to ensure proper compatibility and functionality/

Regarding the configuration of the rendering options, these are managed using the DefaultRender property:

• DefaultRender = true: This option provides a higher quality render but uses more server memory and processing time.
  • DefaultRender = false: This option provides faster rendering at the expense of slightly reduced quality. Optimizes processing time and memory usage.

Select the option that best suits your needs, considering the available resources and performance requirements of your application.

Let us know if you have any further questions about the viewer.

Hi, 24.6.0 is installed which cleared up several of our problems. But still have the following issues:

1. When trying to open a PDF file, we receive this error (it also happens with TXT and DOC but I’m assuming it’s the same viewer code):

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

The type initializer for ‘Pdf.XmpField’ threw an exception.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The type initializer for ‘Pdf.XmpField’ threw an exception.

1. when trying to open a DWG file, there is a pause (maybe 10 seconds) and then it states “No preview available”. If trying to open again, the same message appears but it’s far faster.

@RJT,

This error is because the assembly bindings in the web.config file were not added. Please add the following in the web.config file, as it was mentioned in the online documentation. Please be careful updating the existing packages or adding them if they do not exist. These are necessary for Doconut 24.6.0 to work without problems.

<configuration>
 <runtime>
  <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Memory" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.1.2" newVersion="4.0.1.2" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Text.Encodings.Web" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-8.0.0.0" newVersion="8.0.0.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Text.Encoding.CodePages" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Text.Json" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="8.0.3.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Drawing.Common" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="MessagePack" publicKeyToken="9c7f9b36b37eaddf" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.140.0" newVersion="2.5.140.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Buffers" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.3.0" newVersion="4.0.3.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
   <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Numerics.Vectors" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.3.0" newVersion="4.1.4.0" />
   </dependentAssembly>
  </assemblyBinding>
 </runtime>
</configuration>

Please let us know if you were able to solve the problem.

1 Like

Thank you! All is working now. I shouldn’t have to bug you anymore, at least until the next update! :wink:

1 Like