Document Panning

Hi,

I use doconut image view for development. My questions is, is there a function or method I can use to move through the document left and right, up and down using keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Jonathan

@JonathanB,

Thank you for your feedback. I will create a story for the development team to consider implementing this functionality. Currently, we do not have a function or method that allows you to move through the document using keyboard shortcuts.

Although I cannot assure you of a specific implementation date, I can assure you that we value your input and will work on it. It is an excellent suggestion and could be very useful for many users.

Hi,

Do we have a progress on this item? Is the update to accommodate document panning or document navigation to any portion of the page available?

Thanks,
Jonathan

@JonathanB,

Thanks for following up. The story has been added to our development queue. It has been categorized as a “nice to have” feature. While we recognize its potential value and benefits, it has not yet been prioritized and as such we do not have an estimated release date at this time.

Meanwhile, we continue to advance in the development of new Plugins for Doconut, such as the Converter and Editor.

Your suggestion remains on our radar and we will be sure to keep you informed of any progress.

@JonathanB,

The development team asked me to elaborate the task description. Currently you can scroll using the arrow keys, up, down, left and right.

So what are you asking for is to reconfigure this shortcuts?

Hi,

What our production team needs is to navigate through an image wherever they want to go up and down left and right through shortcut keys in keyboard instead of using the mouse. If this is possible already, can you show how this is being done?

Thanks,
Jonathan

@JonathanB,

Here is a Doconut demo where you can test the arrow keys are working:

Every demo has the arrow keys working. Can you specify what you mean by shortcuts? Is something different from the arrow keys?

Hi,

This is what we need. However, I cannot download the demo. Can please help with HotKey.js.

Thanks,
Jonathan

@JonathanB,

Doconut supports this functionality by default. The JS library you quoted is not required.

All months we send updated demos to our clients. If you need to download a demo, you can request it through this form.

https://doconut.com/request-trial/

Hi Gabriel,

I have the demo copy and I don’t see any functionality that would define the document panning. Is it already embedded in the viewer?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi @JonathanB,

The panning functionality in the viewer is designed to be activated when the document is zoomed in beyond 100%. This feature allows for smooth navigation across the document when it extends beyond the visible area on the screen.

If the document is currently at 100% zoom or less, the panning is limited to vertical movements for changing pages. I suggest trying to set a zoom over 100%, which should allow you to fully experience the panning feature.

Additionally, could you please let me know the following details to better assist you:

• Which version of .NET are you currently using? (.NET Framework, .NET Standard/Core, or .NET 6)
  • Could you also specify the version of Doconut you are using?

If possible, it would be great if you could attach a small sample project to show how the viewer is currently implemented. This will help us ensure everything is working as expected.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!

Hi Gabriel,

I am using .Net Framework and now, updated doconut.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi @JonathanB ,

I’ve prepared a functional example using .NET Framework of the viewer with panning enabled and zoom configured to help you test the feature.

Sample JonathanB.zip (1.3 MB)

You can find the specific location in the project where I added the necessary code by searching for your username JonathanB. The code I’ve added ensures the viewer initializes with panning active once the zoom level is set.

This is the line to set the zoom after the viewer loaded:

setTimeout(function () { objctlDoc.Zoom(150); }, 1000);

Please give it a try and let me know if everything is working as expected. Feel free to adjust the zoom level as per your preference, and the panning will remain functional as long as the zoom is above 100%.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.