Document could not be viewed clearly

Hi,

We are facing two issues with doconut viewer. Please clarify

Case1:
We uploaded a 25 MB PDF scanned file(146 Pages), while viewing the PDF file it seems blurred is this due to network speed? also please confirm is any document size limitation in your viewer.

Case2:
We uploaded a 20.8 MB PDF scanned file, first page alone is viewed clearly, next pages are displayed as “No Preview available”. Our network speed is 0.9 MB. Please confirm if is there any bandwidth restriction.

Note: We have a license for doconut viewers library customers.

Thanks
Vinoth.R

@vinoth66,

Thanks for contacting us. I have some questions for both case, if you answer them it will be great for me to assist you.

Regarding case1: Do the documents have any private information? If not, is there a possibility of sharing them with me so I can try to replicate them? How are you loading the file?

Regarding the case2: How are you loading the file?

There is not bandwidth restrictions.

Another question is which version are you using? .NET Framework or .Net Core?

@carlos.molina
Please find the answer to your question.

1)Do the documents have any private information? If not, is there a possibility of sharing them with me so I can try to replicate them?

ANS: We have a privacy policy not to share the information. I have asked our customer to provide a dummy file to reproduce the issue. we will share you once we got the information.

2)How are you loading the file?

ANS: we are loading the file from the local network folder path.

3)Another question is which version are you using? .NET Framework or .Net Core?

ANS: We are using .NET Framework(Version 4.5)
Doconut version(1.0.3.2)

@vinoth66,

Can I suggest you to request a new trial to download our latest package?

It comes with version 1.0.4.2

Please do not delete your current DLLs, as we do not hold previous versions of our DLLs. But I would like for you to try the latest and see if the problem persists.

@carlos.molina Customer confirms that now it’s working fine without uploading the new DOCONUT version. Dont know what the issuer was. Our RAM size is 8 GB and the internet speed is very low.
IIS servicing takes memory up to 50 to 70 %. Is it possible for you to please confirm how you are showing the image in Doconut Viewer?

@vinoth66,

It could have been many things.

One thing that affected one of our machines once was that the hard drive was almost full, so it could not create the files properly.

Also, if you have multiple clients at the same time, the CPU usage will spike and may cause problems.

One server we have has the same amount of RAM, but the internet is very fast. The CPU usage on standby is very low, so I am guessing if the IIS takes that much CPU resources, then the CPU must be slow.

I will check Storage space, and speed and CPU may be an issue with big complex files, especially if you have multiple users at the same time using the viewer.

I hope this gives you an idea of where to look.

On more developer tip, try to save the files that error out, so later on you can try them and see if the document is the issue or the machine.

Thanks @carlos.molina