Could not load file or assembly 'Ionic.Zip'

I’m using .NET Framework 4.8 and Azure Blob storage to host the images.

<add name="DocImage" verb="GET,POST" path="DocImage.axd" type="Doconut.Clouds.AzureStorageImageHandler, Doconut.Clouds" />

I updated Doconut.NETFramework 24.7.0 to try and resolve a separate issue we’re getting in our production instance regarding a log file that doesn’t exist. But I’m now getting an error in the DocImage.axd handler when trying to preview a Word docx file:

Could not load file or assembly 'Ionic.Zip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Doconut.Clouds.BaseImageHandler.()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.<>c__DisplayClass285_0.b__0()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

@AlanWaiss,

Our development team has identified an issue with the Ionic.Zip library. This will be addressed in version 24.7.1, which will be a minor release focusing solely on fixing this specific issue. The update will ensure that the library functions correctly without affecting any other parts of the application.

Once Doconut version 24.7.1 is available on NuGet, I will notify you through this post. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

Additionally, please ensure that the doconut-logs folder is located at the root of your project. It’s essential to verify that the web server has permission to write in the doconut-logs folder. At this time, the path for the doconut-logs folder is not customizable. However, our development team will be adding an option to specify a custom path for Doconut logs in the upcoming Doconut version 24.8.0.

Furthermore, if you wish to disable logging, you can do so by modifying the web.config file. Set the DoconutLogErrors key to false as shown below:

<add key="DoconutLogErrors" value="false" />

@AlanWaiss,

I wanted to give you an update about the issue resolution. Our development team has not only fixed this issue but also implemented several improvements to the Docunut.Clouds library. Given the proximity of our next release, the team decided to combine these updates into a single release.

As a result, version 24.8.0 of Doconut will include both the fix for your issue and enhancements to the Docunut.Clouds library. This comprehensive update will ensure better performance and reliability for your applications.

We expect Doconut version 24.8.0 to be available soon. Once it is released, I will notify you through this post. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to deliver these improvements.

@AlanWaiss

I wanted to inform you that the new version 24.8.0 of Doconut is now available. This release includes the fix for the issue you reported, as well as several enhancements to the Doconut.Clouds library. These updates are designed to improve the performance and reliability of your applications.

You can now update to version 24.8.0 to benefit from these improvements. If you encounter any further issues or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.